Once a booking for one of our properties has been made and confirmed, a Contract has been entered into which is binding on both parties. The parties to the Contract are the Owner (Springwell Holidays Limited) and the Tenant (the party making the booking). The terms of the Contract are set out below.
- The person whose name appears on the Booking Form (the Tenant) agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following terms and conditions are adhered to by all members of the party throughout the period of let.
- The number of people staying in the property shall not exceed the maximum number stated on the website www.springwellholidays.co.uk for that property unless by prior consent with the Owner.
- Rent – 25% of the rent stipulated for the property and time is payable as a deposit to secure the booking. The balance of rent falls due for payment not less than 28 days before the start of the holiday. For a booking made within one month of the start of the holiday payment is required in full to secure the booking. Failure to pay the balance of rent within 7 days of it falling due will result in the owner treating the property as being available for re-let and any deposit paid will be forfeit.
- Any cancellation shall be notified to the owner in writing. If the accommodation is re-let at full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £25, will be payable to the Tenant; if re-let at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made. If the accommodation is not re-let then no refund will be payable. To safeguard against cancellation and other unseen eventualities Cancellation Insurance is strongly recommended to prospective tenants.
- In the event that the Owner is obliged, for any reason, to withdraw the property subsequent to booking, the Owner’s liability to the prospective Tenant will be limited to a full refund of such payment as has already been made by the Tenant and received by the Owner.
- Well behaved dogs are permitted but must be kept under close control at all times. They must be house trained and may not be left unattended in the accommodation or allowed onto furniture. Animal hairs are to be removed from carpets and all dog waste collected and disposed of. Dog owners hereby accept liability for any damage caused. The Owner reserves the right to seek details of any dogs in advance and to refuse permission for them to be brought to the accommodation if they are considered unsuitable in character, size or behaviour, or liable to be a nuisance or danger to other guests.
- The personal property of guests including vehicles are deemed to be at the risk of the Tenant. The Tenant agrees to relieve the Owner of liability for any damage to personal property.
- The property is let for the purposes of a holiday let to which section 12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers the right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only. The Tenant undertakes to use the property solely for its purpose as self catering accommodation and to accept the Owner’s right to refuse access to the accommodation to any person, whether the Tenant or associate of the Tenant, deemed unsuitable. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or any unreasonable behaviour may result in the Owner requiring the Tenant or member of the Tenant’s party to leave.